How to Get Rid of Bad Luck
1. Be aware of things that can cause bad luck.
- Breaking Mirrors
- Seeing a crow
- Walking under Ladders
- Putting shoes on any table
- “Jinxing” yourself (saying out loud something bad that you think will happen to you) aka. tempting fate
- Wearing opals unless you are born in October
- Stepping on a crack in the pavement/sidewalk. (“Step on a crack and fate will break your mother’s back!”)
- Crossing the path of a black cat. this superstition relates from the christian hatred of paganism. In Paganism/Wicca black cats are considered signs of good luck and are a sign of a goddess’ favour.
- When Christianity became more centralised throughout the world, the tradition of cats being good luck became bad luck as Christianity vilifies Paganism.
- Opening an umbrella indoors.
2. Be aware of more vague superstitions;
- Picking a penny up if it is tails up
- Getting dressed with your left arm/left leg first
- Seeing an owl during the day
- Don’t knit a pair of socks for your boyfriend or he’ll walk away from you.
- Killing ladybugs or spiders (especially money spiders
- It is bad luck to close a pocket knife unless you were the one who opened it.
- “Sleeping with feet towards a door will lose you your soul forevermore”
- If an owl hoots three times in your garden.
- Sleeping on or under a dinner table.
- Making your bed starting with the foot will cause you to never marry.
- Starting a venture on a Friday.
- Killing a bee within your home.
- Turning a loaf of bread upside down once it has been sliced will bring you terrible luck.
- Saying the word “Pig” at sea.
- If you ever drop a knife, picking it up yourself will bring you bad luck in money and love. You should ask someone else to pick it up for you. Supposedly comes from old-time etiquette where dropping a utensil was considered extremely rude and bending to pick it up would be the same as flipping your dinner guests a “V”.
- To start a new venture, meet someone new, or start a relationship on Friday 13th.
- Ivy growing on a house protects the inhabitants from witchcraft and evil.
- Stabbing your needles though your yarn balls brings bad luck to anyone who wears something made from that yarn.
3.Also be aware of signs your bad luck is changing ;
- Dreaming of being on a very high place, such as a building.
- Sneezing 3 times before breakfast.
- Putting money in the pocket of clothes you wear for the first time.
- Seeing a spider spinning its web in the morning.
- Finding a pin pointing at you.
- Dreaming of clear water.
- Eating the point of a piece of pie last.
- Finding a crust or cheese bubble in your pizza.
- Seeing a cricket in your house.
Relax its just another Friday before the weekend.
- Friday the 13th: the Top 10 Superstitions (gonedigging.co.uk)
- Is Friday the 13th really bringing a bad luck…? (dreamjobdiva.wordpress.com)
- 13 thoughts about Friday the 13th! (shashasekharan.wordpress.com)