Tens of thousands of South Africans have joined dozens of world leaders for the national memorial service for former President Nelson Mandela.
The service is being held in front of a vociferous crowd in the FNB stadium in Johannesburg.
US President Barack Obama said Mr Mandela was a “giant of history”, describing him as the last great liberator of the 20th Century.
The former South African president died last Thursday, aged 95.
The country is observing a series of commemorations leading up to the funeral on Sunday.
- Mourners in South Africa flock to Mandela memorial (sacbee.com)
- Madiba Mandela Memorial Live Streaming (harounkola.com)
- Photos: World leaders, family and celebrities join tens of thousands in South Africa (theiranproject.com)
- Thousands gather in Johannesburg for Mandela memorial (worldbulletin.net)
- Mandela memorial updates (newsday.co.zw)